Tough Mudder Georgia

So!  Here we go, the first blog post.  Lucky for me, it gets to be something really hardcore!  On March 12th, my wife and I went to Cedartown, Georgia so that I could run the Tough Mudder for my birthday.  This event truly is TOUGH!  12.4 miles of rocky mountainous (not to mention muddy) terrain, completing 20 obstacles along the way.  This event was definitely a kick in the butt.  In my defense, I will say that it has been over a year since I have ran anything over 5 miles. So I was NOT prepared for this.  By the end of it I had SO many huge cuts in my feet from all of the rocks in my boots. But this was probably the most fun race I have ever done.  So check out the pictures and ask yourself: Do you have what it takes to be a Tough Mudder???

 ^This is my shirt of choice for the race.
 ^All along the trail they had signs like the one above taunting you.  There was another one that said "Stay on the trail or the velociraptors will eat you" Lol.

There were several other obstacles that I took pictures of but none of them really turned out well.  But this is one my AWESOME wife took.  This is the electro-shock therapy portion where you run through charged cords right after swimming across a lake (making you soaking wet and more vulnerable to electricity).  Some of them were a couple thousand volts. It was funny seeing peoples' faces when they hit those! haha

 
Here are the before and after pictures of me, needless to say I was not a very happy camper. 

So like I said it was a really cool (painful) race.  They are sponsor the Wounded Warrior Project and help raise a lot of money each race for it. In 2010, Tough Mudder (US) raised in excess of $600,000 for the Wounded Warrior Project. So, if you get the chance, you should definitely look into the race and donate. Don't forget to check out the Organizations page and I'll be working on my next blog post soon.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Fight For the Broken © 2010 | Designed by Trucks, in collaboration with MW3, Broadway Tickets, and Distubed Tour