Workout Program Of The Month: Crossfit

So I chose to start with my current favorite program: Crossfit.  This is one of the things I have used for the past several years to prepare for my fights and other events.  The Awesome thing about Crossfit is that you can do this EPIC workout that is tailored towards strength and cardio at the same time, but you only have to spend like 20 minutes doing it.  This is perfect for me, because when you work in a shop you only get so much time for lunch anyway.  But, like any workout program there are pros and cons to this.  Here are some of the ones I noticed:
 
You will learn that tire flipping is my favorite workout...
        Pros
  • Quick and efficient 
  • You can do half of their workouts virtually anywhere, with almost no equipment.
  • It is fairly easy to tweak the provided workout if it is too easy or too hard for you.
  • No goofy video to watch or long process to read, just write down whats on the blog and do it.
  • They have their own competition every year called The Crossfit Games, which is where the truly insane athletes go.
  • You can actually get certified in this and put it on your resume, or even open your own Crossfit gym.
        Cons
  • The workout days are NOT in a set order (Monday=Chest, Tuesday=Back, etc.) of any kind, so your workout week might look more like this:  Back, Cardio, Back, Legs, Chest/Legs.....
  • NOT always easily used for a group of people (like morning pt), due to the lack of equipment or just the simple fact that no one wants to wait on the slow guy doing 50 burpies.lol

One of my long time workout partners, Jason Gipper.  The dude is a BEAST!

If you are looking for a new program to try out and want something quick but seriously effective I recommend this.  If you are new to working out and don't know a whole lot about building your own schedule or program then I would recommend something maybe a little more structured.  But overall I would have to give Crossfit a pretty high rating on how efficient and practical it is.  Sorry for the lack of pictures, we are in the middle of our PCS to Okinawa so I did not get the chance to take a lot of pics for this post.  My next program post will be better, Promise!  But I can tell you from experience that this program is good to go.

    2 comments:

    1. airinowen said...:

      That guy in the first picture... He's fancy and cool. I like that guy. ;p

    1. Caveman said...:

      Why thank you! You are pretty amazing as well! <3

    Post a Comment

     
    Fight For the Broken © 2010 | Designed by Trucks, in collaboration with MW3, Broadway Tickets, and Distubed Tour