Paddy Doyle Challenge Results- Part 1

As stated in my last post I knew that I would probably not come close let alone beat any of this mans insane records.  Not only was I right, I was brutally honest with myself.  I decided to start with the step ups and push ups challenges.  I am not sure what in me thought that these were going to be possible feats.  Maybe it was because in the list of records I read the step ups number looked so much smaller than the squat record (4,708).  Or maybe it was just a mix of insanity and boredom.  Either way this didn't go well.


Yes.....I did consider doing 'girl push ups' towards the end.
  First lets talk about the pushups, I figured hey lets be smart about this and figure up the math.  I totalled up his average push up per minute and it was 29.  I thought hey thats not so bad......  After a few minutes I was thinking other wise.  He did 1,705 push ups in 1hr, I did 760 (man, I need to work on my push ups)  His average per minute was 29, mine was 12.6.  Meaning that he averaged 16.4 more a minute than I did and did 945 more than I did.  Bottom line he did awesome I looked like a sissy.lol




  Next you have the 15 inch step ups with a 40lbs pack.  I will say that I was way more impressive with these atleast.  His record was 1,619 in an hour making his average step up per minute 27.  One every 2 seconds already sounded rough to me so I knew I wasnt going to match this one.  I gave it all I had though and ended up with 1,054 putting my average step per minute at 17.5.  Which is not to bad for someone who has never bothered with this kind of a workout before.  In total he did only 565 (only haha) more than me, and averaged 9.5 more a minute. The odd thing is that my legs feel fine but my lower back is KILLING me. 

So there you have it.  So far Paddy Doyle is obviously in waaaay better shape than I am, and I am dreading the squats and burpies.  For any workout goo-roo's out there that think you can beat the guy be my guest.  Because I honestly dont think you have a shot.  Thanks for reading and dont forget to check out the organizations page on your way out!
His thoughts"Man I am running out of places to put these!"
borrowed from: worldendurancechampion.co.uk

1 comments:

  1. Airin Owen said...:

    Lol, these are the first pics I get of you on your deployment? ;p Btw...Is that a compy that you're stepping on?

Post a Comment

 
Fight For the Broken © 2010 | Designed by Trucks, in collaboration with MW3, Broadway Tickets, and Distubed Tour